Pickerington Tiger Sharks 2021 Season FAQs
When will Tiger Sharks registration open?
April 12th, 2021 - Returning Families beginning at 12pm
April 19th, 2021 - New Families beginning at 12pm
What are the safety guidelines for swimmers?
Swimmers will be required to wear a mask outside of the pool when they are not actively participating in physical activity. Swimmers are required to wear masks when coming in and out of the pool area, using the restroom, etc. Swimmers must maintain social distance when out of the pool.
Also, view the Governor of Ohio’s Guidelines for Pools, Aquatic Centers
What are the safety guidelines for coaches?
Coaches will be required to wear a mask at all times. Due to social distancing requirements, individual (Hands-on) swimming instruction will not be possible this year.
Will there be any health screening for swimmers and coaches?
Each day before you come to practices/meets, please perform self-check of your health and ask these questions:
1.Do I have a temperature of over 100 degrees?
2.Do I show any of the following symptoms or signs of illness?
- a.Fever or chills
- c.Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- e.Muscle or body aches
- g.New loss of taste or smell
- h.Sore throat
- i.Congestion or runny nose
- j.Nausea or vomiting
- l.Was I in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes, with or without mask) of someone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last two weeks, or someone getting a test or waiting for test results?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, DO NOT ATTEND YOUR PRACTICE. Instead, please let your coach or instructor know of your illness or possible exposure. You will be advised to isolate from others and seek medical care and testing if appropriate. Self-quarantining will be advised for anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 but is asymptomatic.
Will parents/guardians be able to attend practices?
Parents will be able to attend practices as long as we stay under the 200 person capacity set by the city’s department of Parks and Recreation and follow their safety guidelines.
Parents will be required to wear masks at all times.
Parents will need to bring their own chairs and must stay out of the pool area. Social distancing by family unit will be required.
Will parents/guardians/fans be able to attend meets?
To comply with the capacity guidelines, parents/guardians/fans attendance will vary each meet and will be limited based on the number of swimmers competing. Parents who serve as a meet volunteer (timer, official, deck marshal, etc.) will be guaranteed an opportunity to see their child swim.
For those who are able to attend, masks and social distancing will be required at all times.
What are the safety guidelines for volunteers?
Volunteers will be required to wear a mask at all times and strive to maintain appropriate social distancing.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY EXPECTATIONS
- Swimmers must leave the Pickerington Pool immediately at the completion of any practice. There should be no socializing in the parking lot before or after any practice.
- A volunteer from Tiger Sharks will be taking the temperature of all athletes and parents/guardians when entering the Pickerington Pool.
- Swimmers should be prepared to arrive and depart in their suits as we cannot allow for changing in the restrooms.
- Swimmers must bring their own personal equipment (mask, goggles, towel, caps, water bottle, etc.) to practice each day.
- Please follow each facility’s guidelines on restroom use. Restrooms should not be used for changing and deck changing is strictly prohibited.
- Swimmers will be assigned a social distancing grid space for each practice. Once swimmers enter the pool area, they will go immediately to their assigned spot and await instructions from their coach..
- Swimmers will swim with a maximum of six (6) athletes per lane, staggered throughout the lane to maintain social distancing.
- Upon entering the pool area everyone will have a temperature check administered.
- For everyone to stay healthy and be able to keep swimming, we ask our athletes to please wear a mask and practice responsible social distancing when they are away from the pool as well.